Friday

Opinion.... please & Sew Mama Sew winner

Accountability is key in my opinion. It keeps me creating. It keeps my energy up. It makes me work when I am not 'feeling it', when I am tired and drained from life, from the kid's endless energy.

I crave arty friends. They are gold to me.

I am in a little photography threesome with Shannon Mucha and Anita Michelsen. Our group is called Tribloom. The goal of Tribloom is to produce 3 collaborative photo pieces a month. Each piece is illustrating that week's quote or poem (picked by us).

For example, this week's piece is a quote by Lewis Carroll:

“Child of the pure, unclouded brow And dreaming eyes of wonder! Though time be fleet and I and thou Are half a life asunder, Thy loving smile will surely hail The love-gift of a fairy tale."

How lovely is that?

Well, it was my turn to put our photos together and I can't decide which one I like better. Will you weigh in?

Version 1:
 Photo credits:
Shannon Mucha - Top; Shona Cole - Bottom left; Anita Michelsen - Bottom right


Version 2:
Photo credits:
Shannon Mucha - Bottom; Shona Cole - Top left; Anita Michelsen - Top right


Which do you prefer, which do you think illustrates the quote the best? version 1 or 2?

When it is all done we plan to make a Blurb book with our art work to enter into our church's Fall art festival. It will be lovely to see it all together in book form!


*********************


So, Sew Mama Sew is over!  It was short and sweet this time around. I got a lot of comments on Monday, but wow did it drop off the last few days. I wonder why? I wonder did others notice that? I also noticed that the the category of 'Sewing + Knitting Supplies/Materials' got much more entries than 'handcrafted' things alone, especially when it came to giveaways of those funky Amy Butler type fabrics. Interesting!

I entered a few contests myself, but not as many as last time, I had a busy week. I doubt I will win anything as it is all the law of averages. But is really was fun visiting new blogs and gaining a few new readers here, thank you very much for signing up and taking the time to leave such sweet comments!

So the winner of my apron and wall hanging is:

TAMMIEMARIE of Crafty Tammie

Congrats!

I will talk to you over email and get it in the mail to you soon!


*************


I will leave you with this video I did of my son juggling last night.

He is 9 and taught himself to juggle!




***************

Check in tomorrow to see if you win my regular Saturday Giveaway! (and I have a fun post about something I made this week, something fun for kids)

and
Let me know which version of the Tribloom photo you prefer!



LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Search This Blog