Saturday

Making something to prove I am still me

In my own comments yesterday I said I would make something, just to do it.

So I did. A simple 10 minute collage on a tiny notebook I picked up at Target the other day. Nothing profound. But it reminds me I can, yes. This is me, I can pull something together. 

I heard clearly yesterday from some readers, sweet commenters and from emails -  we are many in the boat of mother, artist, balance, worry. It is so good to know I am not alone.

But how I wish we were all together in real life. The internet is great for bringing us together intellectually, but how nice it would be to meet in real life! Shannon Mucha and I have a bold idea to one day open an art center. It would be so cool to have workshops and classes and bring together like minds, if even for a weekend. I know there are tons of retreats around, but for me now with my 5 young kids it is not doable. I know that is probably the same for many of my blog friends. But it is nice to have that dream, that 'wild hope' for the future. It keeps me motivated to stay in the game all the while I am raising my beautiful ones.

A poem for today too...


Afternoon Homemaking
By Shona Cole

it is odd the way the gold
drifts across the tile
in the afternoon
I notice it when I pause
at the stove
spoon in hand
browning the meat.
I am at my station
I am where I need to be,
people come in and go out
but I stay here
stirring the pot

dusk is falling through
the door way
coming in with the dogs
the chattering children,
their father
all breathless with delight
pulling the day closed behind
 




** Often I forget to add 'by Shona Cole' on my poem posts.... but just in case you didn't realize most everything I post here I wrote.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Search This Blog