Saturday

Artistic Mother Starter Kit #2 & ATC's


Just for fun, here are some ATC's I did recently using the ideas I wrote about out a few weeks ago here on my blog! These are so quick and easy to make, perfect for a mother to add some art to her busy schedule.



The above ATC is entitled 'Journey'
I used a photo I took of some old friends of ours who were visiting the US from the Philippines  (hi, Tara if you are reading this). In this one I used two different scraps from my background papers (p60, 61 & 70 of my book), and then over-stamped the whole card with my favorite 'Royal Purple' Staz On ink. I used to avoid the color purple, but ever since I got this ink the color has seeped into my psyche. In fact, we are doing up our bedroom and purple is one of the colors I am using. The color pallet will be purple, a bluish grey and a kind of burnt orange, splashes of green with dark brown furniture! I am a little nervous to be not using red for the first time in my life, but I am going to embrace the change.....




 'Holiday'
In this ATC I used not only small scraps of my painted background papers, but the strip on the left is a piece from the rag that I used to clean my brushes! The photo is of little Shona and my Mum on holidays in Wales, I remember that coat she wore, so 70's.





'The Last One'
In this card I liked using an over size image (well over sized for the card) and some origami paper. I used pencil to turn the paper curve into a flower stem. This looks to me like a late evening sun down, or the end of summer.




'Essence'
I like this photo of my daughter Annie. It is on p40 of my book! I love that casual confident look. She is still that little person; this look is so Annie Rose. The photo was printed onto self adhesive velum and layered over some of my handmade background paper, which it why it appears pinker than the original photo.


********************

STARTER KIT GIVEAWAY!!!

I was boxing up the supplies for last week's winner, Kim, today and thinking 'man, I would really love to get this box'! I get so excited and inspired when I have some new supplies and I have packed this box with many of the things I love to create with. I had so much fun putting it together and stamping the handmade papers for her.

So now if you would like to win the second box simply LEAVE A COMMENT ON THIS POST! Even if you commented on the last post, to enter for this one, you gotta comment here. I would get way too confused if I tried to combine them! I hope you understand.

So to recap for first time visitors....

Here are the rules:
1) Anyone can enter to win these supplies, you don't have to have my book (but of course I would love it if you did, that way I know these supplies are going to their intended use :)
2) Leave a comment in this post.
3) Comments will close at noon on Thursday April 15 and then I will draw for the winner.
4) If you add me to your blog roll (or already have) you can leave a 2nd comment and have a second chance of winning. But you must leave me 2 comments to be entered twice.
5) If you win, I will announce it here next Thursday and you can send me your address and I will mail you your supplies.



Here are the supplies in this 'Artistic Mother Starter Kit' (pictured right):
These are all part of the essential tool box suggested in my book:
1) A box of my favorite water-soluble oil pastels - Portfolio Series by Crayola
2) X-acto craft knife with #11 blade
3) an 8oz tub of gesso
4) A tube of gel medium - which can be used as a glue and a varnish
5) 4B pencil
6) 4 sheets of my stamped handmade papers to add to your 'Art Stash'
7) My favorite glue stick - Scotch Permanent Glue Stick

Project related things:
8) A Daler Rowney 80 page, 5.5 x 8.5 sketch book/journal (for Week 2 project in my book's workshop)
9) 9 4x4 fabric squares (for Week 3 project)
10) Balsa wood (for Week 5 project)
11) Butterfly image sheet (for Week 5 project)
12) A 6x8 canvas panel (for Week 6 project)

I have this one and 2 more of these kits to give away this month, one per Saturday. If you don't win this one you can try again next week! And again, you don't have to own my book to enter ~ as long as you will use them in the next year to make something I am happy!

NOTE on the products - These were not donated by anyone, I purchased them myself and unless stated I do not recommending them over another company's products. In fact I have never used this brand of gesso or gel medium! I am sure they are good though. I have used this brand of craft knife, canvas, glue stick and Water soluble oil pastels. The sketchbooks turned out a little bigger and fatter than I imagined, but all the more for you and they have perforated tear out pages which is a nice touch! 




****************

On Monday I will be doing a post about no-sew poetry totes!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Search This Blog