Sunday

tell me what poetry is



Tell me what poetry is
use clear words like the pool before me
cold on my skin
rounded stones beneath the palms of my feet
the slight plume of dirt
obscuring only briefly.

Tell me what poetry is
my ears are waiting!
tell me as gently as the breeze
that breathes through the leaves
and bends the flower my way
it's busy bee exposed.

Tell me what poetry is
show me smooth words
strung gently, side by side
my grandmother's pearls
in my daughter's small fingers,
a whisper that lasts for years and years.

Tell me what poetry is
brush my tender head
until my hair shines
and I put on a white dress
my cardigan pulled close
in the morning summer sun

Tell me what poetry is
tell me in words I understand
show me it's power
it's daily dance, it's laundry,
sleep, it's blessing
please, tell me what poetry is.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Search This Blog