Thursday

Loving being a Mommy


Let me announce to the world: I love being a Mommy. I love my little Max, the way he NEEDS me, like his life depends on it, hmmm oh yes, his life does depend on me! Somehow he made it to 6 1/2 months and I have not yet fed him any solids. You have heard me lament the fleeting nature of time before here, it is all going so fast... well my goodness isn't it time to give him some baby rice cereal or something? Nursing is an amazing thing. I just nurse and somehow he grows big and plump, but someday I need to get the high chair out of storage and put a spoon in his mouth!

Tell me, when did you feed your babe solids? Or stop nursing?

But, doesn't he look healthy? I am so blessed!!!



I also love that my kids are always with me. I love that we can do face painting in the middle of the day for no reason other than the girls were watching the musical 'Cats' after visiting some friends who had a Mama cat and 4 kittens (lily wrote me a note to say how much she wants a cat, but we can't as Matthew is highly allergic to them). Once they had cats on the brain they then wanted to be cats -  princess cats, flower cats, never an ordinary cat!

Before I came to the US (fifteen years ago) I had worked for a number of years as a face painter for an entertainment company. It paid really well and was so much fun. I was paired with a juggler and sent around the country to fairs to paint faces. Well, I still have some of those face paints today! I probably paint my girls faces about 6 times a year. This week was one of those times. I was sitting on the porch checking emails and Laura arrive out with the face paints, brushes and some water! what could I do but make her a princess cat?

And of course when there is dress up, there is a photoshoot. It comes with the 'Artistic Mommy' territory, right?



I did paint the others, but they wouldn't come back outside, they were practicing their 'moves' inside with the music.

Ah, being a mother of little ones is a lovely thing. Thank you God, what a wonderful idea.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Search This Blog